As soon as Christmas is over, the people around me become almost disgusting nostalgic. Um…and maybe me too.
This year was full of disappointments ones which made me cry and wallow in self-pity. There were a couple of embarrassing moments here and there (probably more than I remember since I have a tendency to block out the bad stuff). But then there were those awesome moments where I met some pretty amazing people or where I laughed so hard, I probably sounded like a beached whale. And looking back at those memories, I kind of wish I could go back to them.
Since 2013, I’ve got the time to collect 31557600 seconds, 365 days, 52 weeks, 12 months or 1 year (however you want to put it) worth of memories. I have photos to remind myself but like the quote below says,
You can never truly go back too a time when you were happy.
– Ella Enchanted, Gail Carson Levine
So I’ve resigned myself to treasuring the memories…Unless you’re willing to lend me that secret time machine hiding in your basement; I swear I won’t use it for evil.
Books however, are a whole different ballgame. They are something which can be reread over and over again (providing that they’re good enough). And sometimes, they’re even better the second time around.
This year, I read 811 books. I’ve made a list of my top 24.
Like always, they’re not in any particular order. Also, please note that these books are ones that I have READ in 2014- not necessarily ones published in 2014
- Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
- by Alexandra Bracken
- Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
- Written in Red by Anne Bishop
- Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
- Exquisite Captive by Helen Demetrios
- Young Elites by Marie Lu
- Sisters Fate by Jessica Spotswood
- Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer
- How to Lead A Life of Crime by Kristen Miller
- Catalyst by Laurie Hale Anderson
- Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
- Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen
- Effortless With You by Lizzy Charles
- On the Fence by Kasie West
- Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
- Cracked by Eliza Crewe
- Making Faces by Amy Harmon
- Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Septys
- Don’t Breath a Word by Holly Cupala
- Heist Society by Ally Carter
- To All the Boys I ‘ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Duff (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) by Kody Keplinger
- Hate List by Jennifer Brown
So this is looking back at 2014. Next post will be about looking forward to 2015 and New Year Resolutions